Re: [yast-devel] SLE12 GIT branch? - match contents
On 2.9.2014 11:20, Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 11:09:15AM +0200, Lukas Ocilka wrote:

PLS, also remember that I'd like to branch SLE12-SP1 maintenance from
"master" to keep the development of master/openSUSE/SLE12-SP1 as close as
possible - as long as possible.

Do I understand this right: You want to base YaST on SLE12 SP1 on
"master in about a year" instead of SLE12?

Yes, I already wrote about it a few ... hmm, months ago. There will be a lot of refactoring in master, but we are going to maintain SLE 12 for many years, so the same refactoring should go to SLE 12 SP1.

In fact, there are plans for having SLE and openSUSE much closer than before. More to be announced soon, hopefully.

Lukas

Cloud & Systems Management Department, SUSE Linux