Re: [yast-devel] SLE12 GIT branch? - match contents
On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 09:58:40AM +0200, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
- Should we create the branches globally or should we leave that on
the respective
maintainers?

globally. To guarantee that all repos are in same "shape"

How I see it, we should make sure that such a branch contains
everything that made it to SLE 12, but nothing more. I've seen in
the past, that branch did not contain everything or contained more
commits than got to a particular product.

Do you have examples of mismatches, to remind us of the pitfalls to
avoid? So far I interpret this as "remember to submit from the right
branch" which Jenkins should automate just fine.

A stronger requirement is "distinguish SLE12-GA from maintenance",
which would be implemented by tags. Automatict tagging is not
working now.
--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner