Re: [yast-devel] SLE12 GIT branch?
Dne 28.8.2014 08:53, Ladislav Slezak napsal(a):
I'd like to start a discussion about creating the SLE12 branch in Git
repositories.

The basic questions are:

- When should we create the branch? Do you need it already now?

As for me, I do not need SLE12 branch now, I'm still working on SLE12 fixes and I'll very likely continue until GMC :-)

Note: Keep in mind that Jenkins currently automatically submits from master to SLE-12:GA, if we create a SLE12 branch then we need to change it...

- Should we create the branches globally or should we leave that on the
respective
maintainers?

I'd leave that on the maintainers (resp. create on demand), but it would be nice to create the missing branches for the remaining repositories automatically at some point to not miss it. In the past we forgot to create 12.2 and 12.3 branches for many packages, see my mail [1].

Last time I created 13.1 branches so I volunteer for creating the SLE12
branches.

[1] http://lists.opensuse.org/yast-devel/2013-09/msg00048.html

--

Best Regards