Re: [yast-devel] SLE12 GIT branch?
On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:53:49 +0200
Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all

I'd like to start a discussion about creating the SLE12 branch in Git
repositories.

thanks for it.

The basic questions are:

- When should we create the branch? Do you need it already now?

Sometimes I need it. Especially for bootloader, where I plan to
implement opensuse feature to drop grub1 support. Now I also have in
queue fix for yast2-core to make .target.yast2 working in switched SCR.

- Should we create the branches globally or should we leave that on
the respective maintainers?

I do not have strong opinion, just respective maintainer need to ping
me, so I can create maintenance job on internal jenkins ( so it build
two different branches ).
I would like to also remind, that we need small modification in just
branch in Rakefile where we need to specify correct target project and
IBS usage ( it is easy two lines change, but it is same for all git
repositories ).

Josef

--

Best Regards