Re: [yast-devel] What to do with bugs for unmaintained modules?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 11:09:11 +0200
Josef Reidinger wrote:

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 19:20:38 +0200
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there a way of getting more of the community involved in YaST? We
have some very knowledgeable people, but YaST tends to stay "off the
radar" for many. If you don't mind, I'll change your last sentence -
it's vitally important for openSUSE that Yast survives.

Well, anyone from community can run yast-maintainers query
( http://bit.ly/1BaCYcl ). It is maybe more our question for community
what obstacles they see in yast development. We can only guess and we
try to open it as much as we can ( ycp -> ruby, public IRC, github
with pull requests, pull request reminder, etc. ). So it would be nice
if such knowledgeable people tell us what they see as obstacle to more
involvment in yast development.

What I meant was - it needs a bit of advertising to get the community
involved. YaST has always been a SUSE/openSUSE internal thing, it's
probably not something most people consider working on or contributing
to.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.8°C)