Re: [yast-devel] Why not place refactoring in backlog
On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 11:18:07AM +0200, David Majda wrote:
I'd recommend everybody in the YaST team to read Working Effectively
with Legacy Code [1]. It deals exactly with the scenario you are
facing (lots of untested and sometimes poorly understood code which
you need to make changes in and tame it over time). It contains a
lot of helpful techniques, tips, and it challenges the way you think
about code and its architecture. I can't recommend it highly enough.

[1]
http://www.amazon.com/Working-Effectively-Legacy-Michael-Feathers/dp/0131177052

I have that on my Kindle (with DRM from Amazon), you all can come
browse it.
Thanks for a reminder to finish the book.
--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner

  • No further messages