Re: [yast-devel] sle12 network config in linuxrc
On Mon, 28 Jul 2014, Martin Vidner wrote:

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 11:31:37AM +0200, Steffen Winterfeldt wrote:
== network config in sle12 ==

Steffen, thanks for documenting this!

But posts on a mailing list get out of date, and need a search
engine to be reached. Please copy this to
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Linuxrc

Certainly; I just wanted to give an oppotunity for discussion here.

ip_addr_list and namserver_list are space-separated lists, so don't forget
to quote the 'ifcfg' option value.

Single quotes, double quotes?

For linuxrc, either; but the kernel command line parser uses double quotes,
iirc and the network config files use double quotes, too. So better stick to
that.

What if someone decides this is a great place to use unusual
characters, like this?

He might regret it. :-)

ifcfg=eth0=dhcp,WIRELESS_ESSID="Joe's\twifi"

If they are allowed we should make sure the install.inf parser
a) understands them, b) at least ignores them.

That doesn't matter because linuxrc does no longer put _any_ network config
data into install.inf. With the only exception of 'Hostname', which _seems_
to be used by yast. (Simply because linuxrc doesn't have the config data
anymore.)

So, seriously, strange quoting should be ok.

Steffen