Re: [yast-devel] very unimpressed by found changes (theme)
On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 10:52:26AM +0200, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 12:41:09 -0400

On 2014-07-12 21:30 (GMT-0400) Felix Miata composed:

Via HTTP I just did my first Factory installation in several
months. White on brown is ugly. Is there or will there be an option
for an installation GUI theme more like the old, black text on
light background, with visible borders, scrollers, and tabs where
applicable?

Decision of opensuse team who prepare theming for yast is to base next
theme on SLE one prepared by SLE team. Yast team do not try to act as
designer ( you really do not want it ;)

Red on brown (in changes to partitioning) is barely legible. Green
on brown on summary screen is virtually invisible. I can tell
something is there, but not what it says, and there is no popup to
explain whatever is hovered.

Opensuse theme is not done yet, I expect changes there.

Hi Felix,

is this the color theme you see?
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/15377/modules/installation_overview/steps/1
(screenshot attached, in case the link expires)

This is the theme we are using for the upcoming SLES12, designed by
Ken Wimer. That means, the coders are happy not to touch it :) If
you think we should adjust it to make it more legible, please file a
bug and attach a screenshot, ideally enhanced with the color you
find good, and assign to wimer at suse.com and cc myself.

In expert partitioner, there are "checkboxes" lacking boxes. I
don't like that either. Once they are all unchecked, there is
nothing to indicate boxes exist, much less where they are. This
particular section has always puzzled me: "visible information on
storage devices" for what (installation summary/storage settings)
purpose?

I also expect that it is due to not complete theme for opensuse yast.

No, the theme is complete, at least for SLE. openSUSE may decide to
change it, but it should be good already.

A bug report with a screenshot please?
--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner