Re: [yast-devel] very unimpressed by found changes
On 2014-07-25 11:13 (GMT+0200) Arvin Schnell composed:

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 10:52:26AM +0200, Josef Reidinger wrote:

> > When I open Fstab options after having selected volume label as the
> > default mount by, why for a freshly formatted target / partition
> > with volume label is UUID preselected instead of Volume Label?

Question for Arvin - added to CC.

As long as you have not set a label the mount method cannot be
by-label.

It's also unclear e.g. whether you *create* the volume before or
after you have set the default mount-by method.

Some people have the foresight to plan in advance of installation how they want their storage configured, and have it ready to go when installation begins.

I thought it perfectly clear by saying

for a freshly formatted target / partition with volume label

That means I did, and do, all partitioning, and filesystem creation, in advance of starting any operating system installer. I use one and only one partitioning tool for all my systems and disks. It's one never included in any Linux, Mac or Windows installer, but has binaries for DOS, Linux, Mac, OS/2 & Windows, which means there's never any partition table incompatibility among operating systems on my disks as long as no installer has done something unnecessary, unwanted and unauthorized.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/