Re: [yast-devel] yast Mode.* variables
Dne 22.7.2014 11:54, Steffen Winterfeldt napsal(a):
Having just learned about the Mode.autoupgrade variable I did some research
and
found a total of 12 instances of Mode.* (maybe I missed some):

Mode.autoinst Mode.autoupgrade Mode.commandline Mode.config Mode.installation
Mode.live_installation Mode.normal Mode.repair Mode.screen_shot Mode.test
Mode.testsuite Mode.update

I think they should not only be prominently documented but preferably the
number
should be reduced.

I agree with reduction, I think these could be possibly removed:

Mode.repair - the repair module has been dropped completely, this mode is dead
and does not make sense anymore, it can be safely removed

[This sounds like a junior job, Ancor, Christopher, what do you think about it?
;-)]

Mode.test, Mode.testsuite - I do not know the exact difference between the two,
but
after switching to Ruby and Rspec we can easily mock any call so we should do
not
need these workarounds. The only problem is with the old tests, but they should
be
(gradually) rewritten to Rspec so eventually we could get rid of these modes...

Mode.screen_shot - used only at few places, I guess nobody use it or even know
that it exists or how to invoke it. It should be dropped.

Mode.commandline - could be also dropped but it might need some essential
changes in the Yast architecture, but after switch to Ruby it should not
be needed at all...

The easiest to drop are Mode.repair and Mode.screen_shot, I think it's safe to
remove
them even now when we are in SLE12 RC phase...

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer