Re: [yast-devel] yast Mode.* variables
On Tue, 22 Jul 2014, Jiri Srain wrote:

I think that we need that many modes. Just look at the control file, you will find different workflow for most of them and the mode is there to select the right one. Therefore, when AutoYaST upgrade (with a new work-flow) was introduced, it was needed to also introduce a new mode. And I think that the same will happen if another kind of work-flow is introduced.

One thing about the Mode vraiable is that it mixes different things. There
(a) are kinds of workflows:

Mode.autoinst
Mode.autoupgrade
Mode.installation
Mode.live_installation
Mode.normal
Mode.repair
Mode.update

and (b) flags, modifying workflows:

Mode.commandline
Mode.config
Mode.screen_shot
Mode.test
Mode.testsuite

The first group's modes are basically mutually exclusive if I understand you
correctly (wew workflow -> new mode). Then this should be reflected in the code.
So instead we should have something like

context = autoinst|autoupgrade|...

Then there's only 7 cases to deal with instead of 2^7. You can always create
a wrapper object for convenience. Like context.auto? or context.install?.

Steffen