Re: [yast-devel] yast Mode.* variables
On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:54:23AM +0200, Steffen Winterfeldt wrote:
Having just learned about the Mode.autoupgrade variable I did some research
and found a total of 12 instances of Mode.* (maybe I missed some):

I think they should not only be prominently documented but preferably the
number should be reduced.

They are a nuisance and one of the reasons yast is so hard to debug. There's
always some use case with some unexpected combination of them. This just
asks for trouble.

I second that. When I was fixing some bugs for the yast2-s390
module it was (and still is) unclear to me what combination of
Mode and Stage settings are possible and how e.g. the Read,
Write, Import, Export functions should behave depending on the
settings.

ciao
Arvin

--