Re: [yast-devel] Yast Development after SLE 12
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 13:33:55 +0200
On 06/12/2014 05:02 PM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 16:30:06 +0200
Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

- Which parts deserve the refactoring (e.g., those that we often
touch, those, that are not understandable anymore, buggy, ...)? Which
are your most-favorite ones?
From what I see in current development it is license handling,
slideshow, ui libraries deserve better API that can benefit from ruby.

Something that immediately came to my mind first time I saw Yast UI code
was how "un-rubist" it looked when compared to Shoes [1].

Btw, I have just found that there is a "Shoes 4" project [2] to keep
Shoes alive. I guess they have improved the API even further.

Just my 2 cents.

[1] http://shoesrb.com/walkthrough.html
[2] https://github.com/shoes/shoes4

--