Re: [yast-devel] Moving stuff from /sbin /bin /lib /lib64 to /usr/*
On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 03:01:40PM +0200, Josef Reidinger wrote:

On other hand absolute path can make troubles to use library/gem on
non-suse systems or even on older suse systems, which is wrong from my
POV.

Yes, that's why I dislike all this moving of binaries.

So I think resolution can be use PATH for common binaries and for
specific binaries use absolute path.

Paving the path to security issues? I suppose developers just use
a library and expect it to be safe independent of PATH. For
libstorage that's my objective.

Regards,
Arvin

--