[yast-devel] Re: Integer range in YaST
For one of feature I have provide the range from 100000 to
4294967295 (2^32 -1), current IntField(...) I am not able to
specify, are they any api to mention this range.

Hi Suresh,

(I am replying to the public ML for the benefit of the general
public; please do not discuss world takeover plans here :))

Although Ruby supports arbitrarily large integers with Bignum, and
YCP uses 64 bit integers, the UI library uses ordinary 32 bit
unsigned integers for the IntField.

The scripting API docs don't make that apparent:
http://doc.opensuse.org/projects/YaST/openSUSE11.3/tdg/IntField.html
but the C++ API does:
https://github.com/libyui/libyui/blob/8edc4103fa5e084811c2732132e6206381258ffa/src/YIntField.h#L51

All widgets seem to have this limitation. Adding -Wconversion to
the flags of yast2-ycp-ui-bindings reveals that and much more :-/
--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner

  • No further messages