Re: [yast-devel] Translating apps written using libyui
Op maandag 12 mei 2014 09:01:40 schreef Josef Reidinger:
On Sat, 10 May 2014 00:44:20 +0530

Manu Gupta <manugupt1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 12:35 AM, Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>

wrote:
On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 23:58:42 +0530

Manu Gupta <manugupt1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello All

SaX3 was written in libyui, I was wondering if libyui, supports
translation and if it does how do I add translation support to it?

Hi manu,
in general, what blocks you from using gettext? I think it is not
libyui issue what is display. It is just widgets with some texts and
translation is up to users of it.

I used gettext and it worked.

I have one more question, is the pot files proper

https://github.com/openSUSE/sax3/tree/master/src/translation

Can you please check that and let me know if it is appropriate or do I
need to change something for translators?

For me it looks good, but better ask someone from translation team as
I am not expert in this area.

Josef

The pot-files itself are OK. Do their names reflect the txtdomain used in the
application? These pot files need to be placed on the SVN server for openSUSE
translations in the the space for lcn in a folder named 50-pot. When they
change they must be updated on that server. The translations need to be
downloaded from this server from the lcn space and folder names
<language_code>, when a new/updated distribution package is generated. This
generation should transform the po files into mo files, which are placed in
the package. No need to pack the po files. During installation of the package
the mo files for the different languages need to be placed in
/usr/share/locale/<language_code>/LC_MESSAGES/
The SAX3 package may consist of different rpms for each language_code, which
are only installed for selected language codes.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf