Re: [yast-devel] y2m use cases
  • From: "J. Daniel Schmidt" <jdsn@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:03:17 +0100
On Friday 28 March 2014 13:45:10 Roman Neuhauser wrote:

where is cd $d and cd - ?

oh crap, sorry for the brainfart... with the loop body wrapped in
"(cd $d; " and ")" it's 21 characters.

for d in */; do (cd $d; echo 'Jon Doe' >> AUTHORS ; git commit -a -m 'update
authors'); done

It's not just the "cd" that is missing.
I would assume that y2m does all the rest as well.

Think of:
* you add a new module name to your FAV list
* then you run "y2m FAV $change_author_cmd

Then I would expect that y2m notices that the new repo is missing, does the
proper cloning and then executes the command.

Same for the blacklist feature, that some poeple miss in y2m (opposite of
FAV). I think its easier to keep this in a config file, than to always skip
the unwanted modules in a "for i in *" loop.

All this would be too complex for a simple for loop you need to tpye again and
again. The idea was that y2m automates the repo management incl. the cloning.
If such functionality is not needed, maybe y2m did its original job and became
obsolete.

Ciao,
Daniel

--