Re: [yast-devel] y2m use cases
Hi,

On 03/24/2014 06:23 PM, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
hello,

i've started dabbling in yast-meta (y2m), and i'm curious how much of it
i can remove without stepping on anyone's toes. :)

* do you use y2m?

No

* if you don't, why?

For github repos cloning I have my own ruby script based on octokit gem.

* if you do, how?
* do you have multiple checkouts? how do you workaround y2m's
nominal non-support for this?

No multiple checkouts. But one exception: I have all yast and some
opensuse repos checked out just for the goal of grepping the sources.

* do you have different subsets of repositories in different
checkouts?

No

* do you use the FAV feature? how?

Never heard of it

also:

* do you have some use cases y2m does not support?
what would be welcome additions?
No

and:

* do we need y2m at all? maybe a bunch of submodules or subtrees
in yast-meta would work even better?
Indifferent here

Thanks for asking.

--