Re: [yast-devel] systemd & installation

On 03/21/2014 09:18 AM, Gabriele Mohr wrote:
Am 21.03.2014 08:50, schrieb Vladimir Moravec:

On 03/20/2014 03:38 PM, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
On 20.3.2014 15:31, Vladimir Moravec wrote:
So, does it mean we should change the Service.rb to use
`service_start` instead of `systemctl` during (first
stage) installation? Is there a `service_stop` command?

Vlado, would you have a look, please?

Yes, I will patch the Yast::Service module and I'm
considering to add this also into the Yast::SystemdService to
have consistent API in installation environment for both
modules.

IIUC, there should be just one module to be changed and not
two of them. For historical reasons we maybe have Service and
SystemdService, but if we keep Service as "THE" API, then it
probably just needs to call SystemdService underneath (or vice
versa?).

I agree, but currently they are not merged and their API is
different. Now it's easier to add support for inst-sys for both
of them separatelly than to share the implementation of
SystemdService within Service.

Or if the need for starting a service in inst-sys is not that
urgent, I would add it later with changing the implementation of
Service at once.

It's required and urgent for iSCSI client and FCoE client. These
modules run during installation and need running services in
inst-sys.

I added support for the /bin/service_start script in inst-sys [1],
please review and comment.

[1] https://github.com/yast/yast-yast2/pull/190

Vlado