Re: [yast-devel] systemd & installation
Hi,

On 03/20/2014 10:42 AM, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
On 19.3.2014 11:15, Steffen Winterfeldt wrote:
As in the foreseeable future there will be no systemd running during
installation (systemd does not work for PID != 1) and the old init.d
scripts
are gone I've added a 'service_start' script to the installation system.

So, if you really have to start service 'foo' for some reason, try
'service_start foo'.

It's far from perfect but I hope it works at least for the most common
services.

Thanks Steffen,

So, does it mean we should change the Service.rb to use `service_start`
instead of `systemctl` during (first stage) installation? Is there a
`service_stop` command?

Vlado, would you have a look, please?

Yes, I will patch the Yast::Service module and I'm considering to add
this also into the Yast::SystemdService to have consistent API in
installation environment for both modules.

Vlado