Re: [yast-devel] Disable InputField on the run
On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:55:23 +0100
Julian Zwickl <jzwickl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Guys,

I have a question. Is it possible to disable InputFields on the run?
I want to click on a checkbox and then the InputField should be
disabled. The CheckBox and the InputField are placed on a DumbTab
widget.

I queried the status of the CheckBox with UI.Querywidget, this works
for me. Then i tried to dis-/enable the InputField with
UI.ChangeWidget but it still doesn't work. Did you have a good
example? Maybe you can take a look( http://pastebin.suse.de/9388)

Regards,
Julian

Hi Julian, your code is slightly strange in sense of what you want
achieve. My wild guess is that you need to add Opt(:notify) to
checkbox, so checkbox report immediatelly if someone click on it an
then you can enable/disable some widgets.

Small examples are at
https://github.com/yast/yast-ycp-ui-bindings/blob/master/examples/
information about notify option
https://github.com/yast/yast-ycp-ui-bindings/blob/dc42d4fbeb1292ea5c06cc06604fac91bb2a13bf/doc/FAQs/notify-events.txt

and one example that most demonstrate this notify that can be useful
for you:
https://github.com/yast/yast-ycp-ui-bindings/blob/master/examples/MultiLineEdit3.rb

for your code try to
1) add Opt(:notify) to checkbox widget
2) add when statement for ":id" ( BTW I think it is bad idea to have
mixture of string and symbols for ids )
3) move line 18-28 to that case statement

If you have more questions or something is not clear do not hesitate to ask
again

Josef