Re: [yast-devel] Wizard UI Documentation
On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 10:15:55AM +0100, Julian Zwickl wrote:
Hi,

did you have a documentation about the YaST Wizard(UI) for Ruby?

We have the main site
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:YaST_development
referencing the UI bits
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:YaST:_UI,_User_Interface_Library

Sadly, that documents the YCP bindings, which we currently use with
only a slight translation to Ruby. There have been prototypes of a
Rubyish UI code, but we are not using that in production
https://github.com/libyui/ruby-ui

And how can I parse .ini configs? Does YaST have a special method?

Um, YaST does have a special method, and it will scare you away. For
an example,

$ grep -r sssd_conf /usr/share/YaST2

Please design your desired API and let's work together to fit in on
existing YaST libraries.
--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner