Re: [yast-devel] How to avoid rebooting between stage1 and stage2 of installation?
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 02:50:13AM -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2014-02-24 23:32 (GMT-0700) Lin Ma composed:

I'm running some unattended_http_install tests on os12.3 and 13.1, I dont
want the vm to reboot/turn off before the end of stage 2.

I noticed that "openSUSE 11.0 uses the kexec feature and does not reboot
anymore between stage1 and stage2. "

How can I use this feature to avoid reboot? Do I need to modify autoyast
file?

IIUC you want final_halt=false final_reboot=false?
http://users.suse.com/~ug/autoyast_doc/configuration.html#CreateProfile.General

AFAICT, kexec applicability to installation may have changed, but
I've never tried installing Linux into a VM. It is still listed on
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Linuxrc as a valid option It used to be
not so long ago kexec_reboot=0 on the cmdline of the installation
kernel would prevent a "reboot", but it seems to be ignored any
more.

kexec applies to the end of stage 1 so it is irrelevant to this
question about stage 2, isn't it?
--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner