Re: [yast-devel] about removal of yast2-python-bindings, yast2-cluster needs it.
于 2014年02月27日 15:20, Josef Reidinger 写道:
On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 14:28:06 +0800
Dongmao Zhang<dmzhang@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi,all
I have SCR agent written by python in yast2-cluster module.
It requires yast2-python-bindings 'import ycp', So what is the
suggestion about this issue? Do you have any alternative python
library to do this?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Dongmao,
to make it clear. We only declare, that we do not maintain this
bindings as we do not have enough man power and knowledge or python C
bindings. So if you are willing to maintain it, you can use it.

I check agent you mention and it already contain parser of ycp and
serializer to ycp (communication language between agents and modules).
So my suspicious is that it use python bindings to yast2 only for
logging. So what I propose is to remove import ycp and at the first
step comment out all y2 logging method and in the second step use own
log file or write wrapper to write to y2log.

Josef

Thank you for your advice:)