Re: [yast-devel] How to avoid rebooting between stage1 and stage2 of installation?
On 2014-02-24 23:32 (GMT-0700) Lin Ma composed:

I'm running some unattended_http_install tests on os12.3 and 13.1, I dont
want the vm to reboot/turn off before the end of stage 2.

I noticed that "openSUSE 11.0 uses the kexec feature and does not reboot
anymore between stage1 and stage2. "

How can I use this feature to avoid reboot? Do I need to modify autoyast file?

AFAICT, kexec applicability to installation may have changed, but I've never tried installing Linux into a VM. It is still listed on http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Linuxrc as a valid option It used to be not so long ago kexec_reboot=0 on the cmdline of the installation kernel would prevent a "reboot", but it seems to be ignored any more.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/