[yast-devel] New Installer: Sprint Review 2014-01-24
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 11:15:21 +0100
Done
====

UI / UX Changes
- As Ken was in Prague, we had the opportunity to discuss all dialogs with him on person, that has produced a very valuable list of ideas and TODOs, etc.
- Some changes are already done, many waiting in the queue
- Big part of the team has been working on that

Qt4 instead of Ot5
- For now, we use Qt4 again, Qt5 did not make it to good-enough state
- This has to change soon back to Qt5

Installer Summary Screen
- Almost done, some bugs still there

GeoIP used by Installer
- Approval has been given
- No decision on implementation yet

Storage Features
- Several features implemented, still some more to go

Bootloader Features
- Several features implemented, still some more to go

SCC URL from Commandline
- Installer can newly accept SCC URL from commandline

Pending pull requests
- Limited to its minimum, they, of course, re-appear over and over again

Issues
======

- As usually, the time is limited -> we need to find a way how to find time-bubbles and accumulate them for high-priority tasks

Next
====

Ladislav
- List of branding packages to Steffen
- Update branding packages dependencies
- SCC: harden the current implementation

Martin
- have a good vacation
and then ...
- finish yast2-kdump feature
- finish y2update feature
- finish Qt5

Josef
- finish summary screen (add firewall, cleanup, bugfixes)

Jiri
- GeoIP decision / implementation

Lukas
- Testing: how to (get info from QA), infrastructure, automation, etc.

Arvin
- late features according priorities

Steffen
- late features according priorities

Vlado
- SLP discovery for registration service

--

Lukas Ocilka, Yast TL, Cloud & Systems Management Department
SUSE LINUX s.r.o., Praha