Re: [yast-devel] Hardware Clock Set to UTC
On 2014-01-27 09:03 (GMT+0100) Jiri Srain composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

why was this moved to the NTP details screen?

Not NTP details, but details :-) It was a conclusion to move it away
from the main screen after a discussion with our UI designer. The reason
is the amount of users, who

- don't know what it means at all
- even if they know, they stick with default and don't need to change or
simply don't care

The intention is to keep in the main workflow only stuff, which is
necessary, easy to understand and which most of the users need to change.

Hope that helps,

Knowing doesn't really help. Whoever put it where it used to be was very wise. Now I have to go into details on absolutely *every* install, and for no other reason in most cases. Whether the box is checked by default or not is completely unpredictable on multiboot systems, and needs to be in correct state before proceeding lest one suffer multiple annoying fsck mount date in future messages on successive boots, or even time-wasting forced fscks.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/