Re: [yast-devel] Tips for usage of <net-udev> in <networking> in autoyast.xml
В Thu, 23 Jan 2014 20:52:59 +0100
Thomas Fehr <fehr@xxxxxxx> пишет:

Hi Michal,

On Thu, Jan 23, Michal Filka wrote:

I would need some help in usage of <net-udev> section of <networking>
section of autoyast control file.

This normall consists of something like:

<net-udev config:type="list">
<rule>
<name>eth0</name>
<rule>ATTR{address}</rule>

another option is to use BUS ID:
<rule>KERNELS</rule>
<value>--a pci id--</value>

Nothing else is supported in yast2-network

Thanks, that could possibly help.
Need to check if the pci-id is the same for both cases.

Nevertheless I had hopend for a more general mechanism
for renaming to be available.
Like: rename anything matching "eth*" to "eth0".

Since I definitely know there is only one network device
present this would be exactly what I need.

If there is only one interface, it will be named eth0 by default (if
you disable new persistent interface names of course). If you get
something else it implies you have more than one interface. I wonder
what the actual problem here is.