Re: [yast-devel] Tips for usage of <net-udev> in <networking> in autoyast.xml
Hi Michal,

On Thu, Jan 23, Michal Filka wrote:

I would need some help in usage of <net-udev> section of <networking>
section of autoyast control file.

This normall consists of something like:

<net-udev config:type="list">
<rule>
<name>eth0</name>
<rule>ATTR{address}</rule>

another option is to use BUS ID:
<rule>KERNELS</rule>
<value>--a pci id--</value>

Nothing else is supported in yast2-network

Thanks, that could possibly help.
Need to check if the pci-id is the same for both cases.

Nevertheless I had hopend for a more general mechanism
for renaming to be available.
Like: rename anything matching "eth*" to "eth0".

Since I definitely know there is only one network device
present this would be exactly what I need.

Bye,
Thomas Fehr
--
Thomas Fehr, SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imend├Ârffer, HRB 16746 (AG N├╝rnberg)