[yast-devel] Tips for usage of <net-udev> in <networking> in autoyast.xml
Hi,

I would need some help in usage of <net-udev> section of <networking>
section of autoyast control file.

This normall consists of something like:

<net-udev config:type="list">
<rule>
<name>eth0</name>
<rule>ATTR{address}</rule>
<value>08:00:27:d8:4c:56</value>
</rule>
</net-udev>

This unfortunately depends on knowdlege of MAC address.

What I would like to have as a result is that the network interface is
renamed to "eth0" regardless of the name kernel decides for network.

In my case an virtually booted image comes up either with "eth0" or "eth1"
as kernel network interface names depending on exact state of virtualization
environemnt. Of course network setup fails sometimes as the image has either
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0 or /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth1 and
network setup fails when the other network name is provides by kernel.

Any suggestions how to reach that with <net-udev> entries?

Tschuess,
Thomas Fehr
--
Thomas Fehr, SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imend├Ârffer, HRB 16746 (AG N├╝rnberg)