Re: [yast-devel] Build Service Mails on Yast Devel
On 21.1.2014 16:09, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
On the other hand, forgotten pull requests are very important for the team to
cooperate better. Ideally, there should be no forgotten pull requests IMO and
thus I
like to see it here.

Yes, I agree, seeing forgotten PRs is very important. The question is whether it
disturbs the other people (who are not interested in PR review at all) too
much...

Setting a filter for "Pending Pull Requests" subject is trivial, the question
is who should set it. All developers interested in them (to not overlook
something)
or the other people not interested in them (to ignore them)?

Everyone in the team should participate in Code Review both asking for the review and also doing the actual review for others. Otherwise it will not work.

Whether the rest of subscribers are interested? Well, at least some, as they don't belong to Yast team but their pull requests are reviewed by someone from the team.

Of course, there will be some yast-devel subscribers who do not participate in code review at all, but they are still interested in the Yast development process or they sometimes ask for help, ideas or opinions. This is a development mailing-list, so I'd expect development to be discussed here. "Too high" traffic might be bad, but creating special mailing list for one purpose is even worse. We have to find the right balance for what needs to go where. A questionnaire might help us :) (added to my TODO) ;)

Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, Yast TL, Cloud & Systems Management Department
SUSE LINUX s.r.o., Praha