Re: [yast-devel] who is the maintainer?
On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 11:48:06AM +0100, Arvin Schnell wrote:

while reassigning yast-maintainers bugs I noticed that once again
the maintainer/bugowner information is inconsistent: The content
of the MAINTAINER file in git differs from the output of 'osc
maintainer' or 'osc bugowner'. This leads to confusion.

We had this problem before and apparently fail to solve the
inconsistency long term. So I propose to drop the MAINTAINER file
in git and rely on osc.

Instead we can have a AUTHORS files so that people not knowing
about osc can still reach the authors.

During a telco we reached following conclusion:

- The buildservice is the offical source for maintainer
information.

- The MAINTAINER files will be changed to include a note: "use
'osc maintainer / bugowner <package-name>' to query the
maintainer and bugowner"

- Martin will commit a README that will also include notes how to
reach developers.

Martin, it would be cool if you could also update the
MAINTAINER files during the README mass-commit.

- The MAINTAINER files could be removed in the future when
everybody has learn to use osc.

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxx>