Re: [yast-devel] who is the maintainer?
Dne 9.1.2014 13:16, Josef Reidinger napsal(a):
We had this problem before and apparently fail to solve the
inconsistency long term. So I propose to drop the MAINTAINER file
in git and rely on osc.

Instead we can have a AUTHORS files so that people not knowing
about osc can still reach the authors.

I agree with (re)moving MAINTAINER files, they are usually not correct
and we should have just _one_ authoritative source for this information.

IMHO 'osc bugowner' should be preferred.

I agree. AUTHORS can be also useful to get list of people that can
potentionally have some knowledge when maintainer is not available.

For this purpose I check *.changes and/or "git log" to see who,
when, how often... did some changes, that should help to find the
most relevant developers.

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer