Re: [yast-devel] YaST vs Yast?
Dne 9.1.2014 08:41, Steffen Winterfeldt napsal(a):
[...]
That depends on what you mean. Do you just want to refer to the project
officially
as 'Yast'? Fine with me.

Oh, sorry for not being clear... Yes, I meant the project name.

Or do you want to replace YaST with Yast everywhere where it's used as in file
names like /var/lib/YaST2/ or X-SuSE-YaST-* in desktop files or whereever
else in
the code?

Changing path names, script names, tags in files, etc... is dangerous and
I would object it.

It's similar to the discussion we had about the versioning after the big Ruby
switch.
Now we have Yast 3.x (3.1.x currently) although the package names are still
yast2-*
and the paths still contain "2" in the names.

The change would include the project name which is mentioned at the
documentation,
help texts, wikis, etc... Of course, we cannot change the name everywhere at
once,
the change would be done gradually over the time.

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer