[yast-devel] YaST vs Yast?

Hi all,

this might be a little bit controversial topic, I'd like to start a discussion
about the Yast name, in particularly its capitalization. (Have you noticed
how did I write it?)

Historically the correct name is "YaST", but nowadays the mixed capital and
lowercase
letters look strange and more importantly it's hard to write it.
(Well, I got to using it after the years, but still I do not like it much...)

And sometimes the spelling is not used correctly and is source of non-uniformity
(like found in https://github.com/yast/yast-installation/pull/126 review).

So my proposal is to use this form:

Yast

Which leads to names like:

AutoYast
WebYast

(Esp. writing the current "WebYaST" is a real shift-key nightmare...)

What do you think about it? What would you prefer?

BTW we have already abandoned "SuSE" few years ago (and "S.u.S.E." even
earlier),
using "Yast" seems to be a logical step forward for me.

Ladislav

P.S.: the trademark is registered for "YAST"
(see http://www.trademarkia.com/yast-77838337.html), but IMHO that should
not matter as also the current "YaST" uses a different capitalization.

Maybe we should ask the legal team...

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer