[yast-devel] Cheating in "rake osc:build"

Hi,

if you are testing a fix and want to be sure (you should!) that your package
still
builds you should run "rake osc:build" task to build the package locally.

The disadvantage is that it checks that all changes are committed in Git,
which might be sometimes annoying if you are experimenting with something
(like yesterday I was doing some cleanup in BuildRequires which is an iterative
process).

You need to commit every your change, sometimes revert it, etc.
Of course, you can rebase at the end, but that's inconvenient.

I found this simple cheat which you can add to the Rakefile:

Rake::Task["check:committed"].clear_actions

It makes the action in "check:committed" blank so the check is skipped.

(Note: do not forget to remove it once you are satisfied with your changes
so it is not committed to Git ;-))

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer