[yast-devel] Control files and the RNG schema moved to a separate package/GitHub repo
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 13:40:53 +0100

Hi!

The installation control files were part of yast-installation Git repository
although they were not packaged to yast2-installation.rpm package.

They had to be manually copied to skelcd-control-* packages in OBS.
Moreover after updating the files in OBS they got out of sync with Git
and later you need resolve potential conflicts.

The problem with RNG schema is that packaging it into yast2-installation
causes huge build dependencies if you just need to check validity of
your control file during build.

Therefore I moved the control files to a new separate GitHub repository[1]
(I moved them with history, see [2] how to do it) and created a separate
RPM package (not included in Factory yet [3])

I'll adapt the packages which do control file validation to use this new
package, just expect some pull requests ;-)

[1] https://github.com/yast/yast-installation-control
[2]
https://help.github.com/articles/splitting-a-subpath-out-into-a-new-repository
[3] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/211387