Re: [yast-devel] Report vs Popup
On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 11:45:01AM +0100, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Dne 4.12.2013 10:16, Vladimir Moravec napsal(a):
[...]
feedback about the results before the first boot. In the end one of the
goals of
the installer GUI is to let the user inform about the succeeded or failed
steps
during the installation. It's just a single click to let the pop-up go away
and
continue with reboot.

Just a note: use functions from the Report module, they are AutoYast
friendly (can be optionally disabled in contrast to the standard Popup
module).

can you please add a comment to Popup telling users that they most likely
should use Report instead? It will then be also visible on
http://www.rubydoc.info/github/yast/yast-yast2/Yast/PopupClass

Perhaps also to the most used ones, #Message, #Warning, #Error

See my WIP about AsciiFile:
https://github.com/yast/yast-yast2/pull/149/files
which is unfortunately not rendered on rubydoc (not in master)

Yes, I could do it myself, but I want to draw attention to how to improve the
docs ;-)
--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner