Re: [yast-devel] YaST module documentation
On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 15:21:39 +0100
Nanuk Krinner <nkrinner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for documentation or a guide on how to write a yast
module. Is there anything available? Or is there a module you'd
recommend to look at first?

Regards,
Nanuk

Hi Nanuk,
welcome to yast development.
For documentation there is some ancient parts available at [1] but after
conversion to ruby big part of it is no longer valid. We plan to make
new documentation which we start at [2], but it is far from complete
now. For modules that you can take as example I recommend
yast2-services-manager that is new module to handle systemd services
and do not use deprecated stuff from ycp conversion[3]. There is plan
to write one more new module, but it is not yet started. If you have
any questions feel free to ask us, we can then update documentation to
include all important stuff. Also we can point you to more specific
document that describe part in which you are interested in.

Josef

[1] http://doc.opensuse.org/projects/YaST/openSUSE11.3/
[2] https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:YaST_development_reboot
[3] https://github.com/yast/yast-services-manager