Re: [yast-devel] Ideas for YaST Hackweek project
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 07:03:38PM +0100, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 11/04/2013 11:09 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
- Take simple module and make it nice module that looks like real ruby
that is intuitive for ruby programmer. I recommend to choose module
that is not so hard or where you know how to setup given component,
so you understand what happen here.

I have a reasonable knowledge and some interest in sound systems, Samba,
Linux containers and databases. Is any of those areas looking for some
more love?

Hi Ancor!

Containers (yast2-lxc) sound interesting to me.

When I run yast2 lxc in a kvm VM on 13.1, I see some things that
could be improved:

- bridge creation: if there is no bridge, you have to click through
the network module to create it. That should be done by a single
click.

- while the container is being created (by lxc-create), there is no
progress indicator. Perhaps we could continually show the console
output of that command.

But I am a beginner with containers. Maybe you can see something
else there.

--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner