Re: [yast-devel] Ideas for YaST Hackweek project
On Tue, 5 Nov 2013 15:15:30 +0100
Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

started using Rails and since then I have become more and more a web
developer. YaST looks like the perfect choice for my Hackweek: I
can do what I do best (coding Ruby) staying away from Rails, CSS,
etc.

So, is there something that needs to be done, that fits in one week
and that requires some Ruby knowledge and not so much knowledge
about YaST internals/legacy?

YaST covers quite a broad area. Maybe first get an idea what
specifically interests you and we can find something in there. You
can start by browsing the control center on the desktop, or the code
at https://github.com/yast/

Package management? Network services? User interface?

Hmm, perhaps the top-voted feature
https://features.opensuse.org/120340 "decouple download and
installation" could be done mostly in Ruby?

I think it cannot be done purely in ruby, as you need support in
libzypp to download and install in parallel.

Josef
< Previous Next >