[yast-devel] Ideas for YaST Hackweek project
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 09:45:04 +0100
As some of you may be aware of, openSUSE Team members were not able to
take part in the last Hackweek because we were working in the 13.1
release. It has been decided that we will have our own Hackweek the last
week of November. I would really like to do something related to YaST,
so this is a call for ideas for my YaST related Hackweek project.

I have more than 10 years of experience with Ruby. I started using it
for developing management applications with QtRuby3. At some point I
started using Rails and since then I have become more and more a web
developer. YaST looks like the perfect choice for my Hackweek: I can do
what I do best (coding Ruby) staying away from Rails, CSS, etc.

So, is there something that needs to be done, that fits in one week and
that requires some Ruby knowledge and not so much knowledge about YaST
internals/legacy?

Cheers

--
Ancor González Sosa