Re: [yast-devel] Rspec and its dependencies
On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 10:27:15 +0200
Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/09/2013 10:31 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Hi,
When I play with jenkins setup I face one issue with rspec modules
that is newly written ( thanks gabi, vmoravec and mfilka for being
explorer ). Issue is that some modules have heavy dependencies and
idea of jenkins is to have minimal stable installation so it
doesn't need regular updates like old one.

There is four possible solutions with this issue:
My preffered solution is 4 because it reduce maintain of yast
jenkins node and contra is not so big.

Lets discussion start. If there is no objections I change yast-rake
to not run test:unit before osc:build at the end of week.

What I'm missing here is:

- What do we expect from <doing something about Yast> in Jenkins

Do all checks and test to avoid broken packages in Yast:Head + after
13.1 release create automatic sr to factory if version change.

- What is the expected behavior of Jenkins node

It is quite broad question. So simple answer is just works with minimal
maintenance effort.

- What are the limiting factors for a Jenkins node

it is VM, so I am not sure what is question about. We can do a lot of
things here, but I want have this node maintanable as oppose to old one
running internally.

What I've seen in your previous mail are some proposals to solve an
issue which is actually not well described. Maybe link the current
documentation of the current node setup.

Issue is that previous idea of jenkins node is that it will contain
only yast-rake tasks, that can package, without any dependencies, yast
module and then do test build with `osc build`.

And yast-rake do some quick tests before packaging like if there is
license header in files ( disabled now as almost no module pass it), if
all ruby files are valid and other checks. One of this check is also
run rspec tests as it is quick unit test. Problem is that such tests
depends on other modules and not only on git repo of tested module. So
if I need to run such test I need installed all dependencies it used.
And then I write proposals how it can be solved.
If it is still not clear please speak up what exactly is not clear.

Josef

Thanks in advance
Lukas