Re: [yast-devel] YaST installer - the future development (for 13.2/SLE12, aka "the new installer")
Dne 27.9.2013 15:49, Johannes Meixner napsal(a):
[...]

For me a crucial part of the whole separation idea is that the system where
the
installation configuration is created (as a file) and the system where the
actual
installation happens (by using that file) can be two different systems.

Or do I misunderstand something here?

No, that's correct, they can be different systems, different tools...

[...]

Running it this way can be only an attempt for a first recovery step. If that
fails, the adminhe may try other recovery steps or he may have to re-install
his
messed up system from scratch.

Yes, but there is a danger of messing the system even more.

I have never used any automatic repair tool (fortunately), just using a rescue
CD
and fixing problems manually was always sufficient for me. I'm little
bit scared of "automagic" repairs...

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer