Re: [yast-devel] Questions about some YCP Equivalents in ruby
Dne 29.8.2013 10:15, David Majda napsal(a):

Because of these issues, I think it's generally better to avoid hash defaults
completely. It makes the code easier to reason about, which translates to
less
bugs and less time spent by debugging.

I agree with that. The point is that the existing code relies on the defaults,
we cannot easily get rid of them. This is legacy from YCP where defaults were
enforced. And defining the defaults just once looks like a nice feature to avoid
inconsistencies and mistakes.

As I already wrote, the correct solution would be to replace the hash by a
native
Ruby object and wrap these defaults in a specific class. But I guess that won't
be
trivial in storage...

--

Ladislav Slez√°k