Re: [yast-devel] Questions about some YCP Equivalents in ruby
# dmajda@xxxxxxx / 2013-08-29 10:15:30 +0200:
Now suppose I'd "expect the unexpected" and would want to check if a
default is used. Now I'd encounter the *visibility* problem. I'd
have to look where the hash is created and see if a default is set
there. And that by itself is not enough, because the default could
be set even at some later point, meaning any code that touches the
hash is suspect. As a result, I could spend quite some time just by
ensuring that the hash has no default.

this is a great argument against reopening classes or monkeypatching,
basically against ruby. ;)

/me heading back under the bridge...

--
roman