Re: [yast-devel] RFC: Drop yast2 sw_single CLI interface
On 08/29/2013 02:08 PM, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Dne 27.8.2013 14:20, Martin Vidner napsal(a):
On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:14:00AM +0200, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Hi, I would like to drop yast2 sw_single CLI interface because zypper already
do such job much better and if we drop it, then it simplify code and we have
only one recommended solution which we need to maintain.

I'm fine with the removal, this duplicated feature is not needed anymore and
sometimes causes problems.

Yes, but we should keep the shourcuts for the simplest use cases - show me the
packager GUI: `yast2 -i`

Just keep in mind that "yast2 -i package" is translated to "yast2 sw_single
package"
so if any package name is used on command line it should print an error message
(and suggest using zypper instead).

Or even better call zypper directly (with a deprecation warning).

Jiri

--
Regards,

Jiri Srain