Re: [yast-devel] Unify yast-yast2 directory structure
On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 10:06:13AM +0200, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Hi,
now yast-yast2 contain library directory that is separated to
sub-directories [1]. I would like to have there only one src directory
that respect Y2DIR structure.
Main benefit from this move is that it is much easier to test code,
because now there interdependencies between directories, so you need to
know what subdirs you must use and it means you must create a lot of
effort to detect it or test only on installed system ( both is bad from
my POV ).
The biggest drawback is that we lost logical separation between these
modules, but we can improve documentation, so it is not so big ( like
links in documentation of related modules ).

The resulting yast2.rpm has 114 files under
/usr/share/YaST2/modules. That is quite a lot for a source
directory. And that is not even counting the test case files.

I agree that running tests must be easy. But can't that be solved by
a wildcard?

DIRS=$(echo $(pwd)/library/*/src); echo "Y2DIR=${DIRS// /:}"
--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner