Re: [yast-devel] RFC: Drop yast2 sw_single CLI interface
On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:14:00AM +0200, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Hi,
I would like to drop yast2 sw_single CLI interface because zypper
already do such job much better and if we drop it, then it simplify
code and we have only one recommended solution which we need to
maintain.

Yes, but we should keep the shourcuts for the simplest use cases
- show me the packager GUI: `yast2 -i`
- show me the updater GUI: `you`

In 12.3 there is a desktop file using that interface,
/usr/share/applications/package-manager.desktop from
desktop-data-openSUSE-12.3-3.2.2.noarch, via
/usr/bin/package-manager from libzypp.rpm
--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner