Re: [yast-devel] unit tests for yast modules written in ruby
On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:28:44 +0200
Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Dne 16.8.2013 11:08, Josef Reidinger napsal(a):
On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 15:52:39 +0200
Vladimir Moravec <vmoravec@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
Yep, and do not forget the dependencies and support accross several
sles and opensuse releases.

Well, it is not needed if we do unit testing only in jenkins and not
during runtime, then you don't need to support it. It allows us to
have more freedom when we choose testing framework.

We run the tests also during package build in OBS (or IBS), that
means we need the framework to be packaged in RPMs. (And also our
customers should be able to rebuild packages so the RPMs should be
included in SLE SDK.)

Jenkins only handles Git master branch, having tests in RPM build is
currently a must have for SLES maintenance.

Well, it is not problem to extend jenkins to handle also different
branch ( especially if we simplify it ).
But I agree, that it needs some work and having tests in rpms can
discovery quickly changes in underlaying libraries, that is updated in
BS.

Josef

--

Ladislav Slez√°k